Japanese women have an average white skin smooth and clean, this is in addition to climate influenced in Japan also because natural skin care made from generation to generation by using rice. Apparently Japanese women farmers had always used the collision of rice as their skin protection from the heat of the sun, even they also use rice water to bathe and wash her face. This custom was followed by other women to get the skin smooth and clean by pounding rice until smooth, add it with water, then smeared throughout the body.
The fact, rice is the staple food of most Asian countries proved to have many benefits for skin care, including:
1. Extract of rice is useful in increasing the production of collagen that functions in maintaining skin elasticity
2. Chemical structure of the rice contributing to the regeneration and growth of skin cells that have been damaged or dead
3. Rice contains oryzanol substances that can help renew the skin pigment and useful to counteract ultraviolet
4. Rice containing vitamin E are beneficial nourish the skin so it looks younger
5. Ferulic acid in rice useful as an antioxidant and can protect skin from free radicals